1. Joined
    20 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 18:31
    Does anyone know of any websites where you can play chess games for money?
    I'm interested about this but not sure whether it would be viable as theres perhaps no way you could ensure that someone wouldn't use some kind of software.
  2. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 18:46
    ICS
  3. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 19:02
    Wait you mean a prize for playing not pay so you can play. Disregard my post.
  4. Joined
    05 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 21:18
    don't think it's viable, but if you find such a site, good luck.

to be honest, i don't think there are "clients" for such a site.

let's say i want to play chess for money with seadevil on this site. is this attractive to me? only if i want to spend an unlimited amount of money for nothing (i cannot even understand how he beats me). on the other hand, i can play poker with world grand masters (in that game) and have some luck for a short period of time. i may even win a session or two. in bridge is the same. in a very lucky day, i might win a short match against world champions. but chess???
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 21:21
    Originally posted by laphroaig
    don't think it's viable, but if you find such a site, good luck.

to be honest, i don't think there are "clients" for such a site.

let's say i want to play chess for money with seadevil on this site. is this attractive to me? only if i want to spend an unlimited amount of money for nothing (i cannot even understand how he beats me). on the other hand, ...[text shortened]... same. in a very lucky day, i might win a short match against world champions. but chess???
    On playchess you can play for ducats, the down site is you can convert cash into ducats but not ducats into cash. However you can spend your ducats in the chessbase shop which has just about all the chess software you'd ever need.

Iv been told you can play for cash on http://www.gamecolony.com/
    However I wouldnt vouch for the anti cheatingness. From what iv heard engines run rampant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree