1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '12 22:44
    Hi, I I lived in Vancouver for 6 months or so 7 years ago, and weather permitting there were usually a few people playing chess on the benches outside the art gallery downtown. I've passed througfh a few times since but never seen anybody there. Is this still a common place to play, or is there another nice outdoor location which is frequented for casual chess?
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 May '12 16:43
    Originally posted by WeeDSteM
    Hi, I I lived in Vancouver for 6 months or so 7 years ago, and weather permitting there were usually a few people playing chess on the benches outside the art gallery downtown. I've passed througfh a few times since but never seen anybody there. Is this still a common place to play, or is there another nice outdoor location which is frequented for casual chess?
    Washington or British Columbia?

There's a big tournament in Victoria BC next weekend. The Washington State Elementary Chess Championship will be held in Vancouver, WA next April. When it was there in 2007, it was the most efficiently run and best designed venue in the history of the event. The 2009 version in Spokane was a close second with a similar venue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree