Chess in your life (addiction)

Chess in your life (addiction)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
19 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mahout
Looks like you sacrificed a bishop for no compensation. Always remember that a mating attack should be developed over time. Try a foot massage and keep clear of chess chat. Find something to say about celebrity gossip or furnishings or the latest developments in microbiology if that's her thing...doesn't matter so long as it's her topic. If you do want to t n trust me on these issues as my OTB (On The Bed) rating is much higher than my RHP rating.
Ha ! Rec'd 😵

v

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
Ha ! Rec'd 😵
even I am so chess addicted, I think loosing a long important chess game makes me feel less sorry than someone's close death or than getting dumped by the one I love(for these 2 I am not sure what is the proper order)...
on the other side it is more pain than in getting a car fine or that my favourite football team looses...

F

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I can back fabianfnas on this, he is not addicted, he has restrained himself from moving for 11 days in our games. 😉 ....Take you time no hurry!!
But this is a Long Haul Torunament with the times of 21/28. I don't have to move very often, do I? I restrain myself. My shrink tells me to.

N

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Mahout
There are two approaches that both seem to work with Mrs Mahout. One is to say firmly and confidently: "there are worse things a man can do with his free time" then say "look what happened to - insert name of someone you both know who has left his wife for another woman - what a waste, he just needed a decent hobby"

The other is to set up a win win situati ...[text shortened]... re offered b) but wish you had a) then maybe it is time to check out a dependency clinic.
Has it occurred to you that you are approaching your marriage as though it were a chess game?

p

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
I found some cool new friends on the beach... I am 22... They are 70+, yeah males... But they play CHESS all the time in a beach pub !!! . And all that hot chicks in hot bikinis tend to avoid chess so I rather hang out with my new friends !!! 😵
by beach are you talking about someplace on the Adriatic? If not you have to stay off "Jarun", those old guys play chess all the time there.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by pijun
by beach are you talking about someplace on the Adriatic? If not you have to stay off "Jarun", those old guys play chess all the time there.
No, I am in Pula ! 🙂

London

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Notdorf
Has it occurred to you that you are approaching your marriage as though it were a chess game?
Yes - but only as an analogy for the purpose of humour. In real life I'm mindful of the dangers of letting my flag drop - if you'll excuse the analogy!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Jul 08
2 edits

fabianfnas,

You most certainly do not have to move any more frequently, I agreed to the time limits from the start..... ( I was trying to make a little joke, about you not being addicted to chess ) !

X

Moves
20 Jul 08

I play chess alot and i enjoy it, howver im not addicted to it i don't think anyway.