Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 25 Jun '06 13:21
    Hello my canuck and Yankee friends. Today I'm here to tell you about the chess 'n math program. Any one been to it. If you have please continue this thread. All it is is a basic chess tournament thaay's round robin cross Canada and the Us. I won third!!!!!!!!!!!! (out of six people)
  2. 25 Jun '06 14:21
    I took part in the Canadian Chess Challenge run by Math n' Chess earlier this year. I placed tenth in grade 10 in a group of about 25 people including two IM's.
  3. 25 Jun '06 14:31
    Originally posted by Akashic
    I took part in the Canadian Chess Challenge run by Math n' Chess earlier this year. I placed tenth in grade 10 in a group of about 25 people including two IM's.
    i was there. I lost so bad. I need to play more people somethimes
  4. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    25 Jun '06 20:38
    3rd out of 6 is not winning.
  5. 25 Jun '06 21:48
    Being ten years old on this site is not so cool either.
  6. 25 Jun '06 22:05
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Being ten years old on this site is not so cool either.
    Well guess what. I lied. my name is Drew Haaris and I am 82 years old. And respect ur elders sonnyjim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    25 Jun '06 22:17
    Originally posted by Joe Bannana
    Well guess what. I lied. my name is Drew Haaris and I am 82 years old. And respect ur elders sonnyjim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too bad I've already sent a screenshot of your profile page to the site admin.
  8. 25 Jun '06 22:19
    Originally posted by Joe Bannana
    Well guess what. I lied. my name is Drew Haaris and I am 82 years old. And respect ur elders sonnyjim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly what a 10 year old would say.
  9. 26 Jun '06 01:19
    Just out of curiosity, where does the "math" come in?
  10. 26 Jun '06 01:28
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Just out of curiosity, where does the "math" come in?
    8*8 = 64 squares on a chessboard!
  11. 26 Jun '06 04:23
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    8*8 = 64 squares on a chessboard!
    Quite wrong...there's more number of squares than you said..
    Lets see who can get it first.
  12. 26 Jun '06 04:29
    Originally posted by capri83
    Quite wrong...there's more number of squares than you said..
    Lets see who can get it first.
    Sigh..65 if you count the board.
  13. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    26 Jun '06 04:32
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Sigh..65 if you count the board.
    64 1x1 squares
    49 2x2 squares
    36 3x3 squares
    25 4x4 squares
    16 5x5 squares
    9 6x6 squares
    4 7x7 squares
    1 8x8 square

    Total is 204 squares.
  14. 26 Jun '06 04:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    64 1x1 squares
    49 2x2 squares
    36 3x3 squares
    25 4x4 squares
    16 5x5 squares
    9 6x6 squares
    4 7x7 squares
    1 8x8 square

    Total is 204 squares.
    Plus the board = 205 Edit, er you got that..nm 204.

    BTW...Who cares how many squares there are?!
  15. 26 Jun '06 04:41
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Plus the board = 205 Edit, er you got that..nm 204.

    BTW...Who cares how many squares there are?!
    haha, mathematicians!