1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 10:26
    Ok so who do you recon is going to take it this time? I like the Look of Ukraine personally, Ivanchuk seems to perform well at these events. Russia are favourites as usual, but they've come up short at the last two. England look like they have a strong side this year, the return of Luke McShane to competitive chess has strengthened the side immensely! 🙂
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 13:29
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Ok so who do you recon is going to take it this time? I like the Look of Ukraine personally, Ivanchuk seems to perform well at these events. Russia are favourites as usual, but they've come up short at the last two. England look like they have a strong side this year, the return of Luke McShane to competitive chess has strengthened the side immensely! 🙂
    Not the Dutch, that's a certainty.

Richard
  3. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 10:33
    Canada!!
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 17:26
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    Canada!!
    Haha, that'd be an upset! I'm obviously rooting for England, we've actually got a pretty impressive team this year! In case no one has seen it yet, the official site is really well done!

http://www.ugra-chess.com/
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 17:45
    unlucky the england
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 17:531 edit
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    unlucky the england
    Not in this game, Luke McShane had an great game!

(Comment shamelessly nicked from chessbase..)

Edit: Oh, his opponent was Mok,Tze-Meng (2416) btw... 😉
  7. Joined
    31 Mar '10
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 23:11
    What's the best site to follow this?
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 00:54
    Originally posted by Zelnick
    What's the best site to follow this?

..or

www.chessbase.com

or

www.chessvibes.com

Personally, for once, the official site is actually really good! You can watch the games live, or you can follow your team live, all at the same time! It depends whether you require GM analysis. 🙂
  9. e4
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 01:531 edit
    The home site is OK.

Edit - OK, late again.
  10. Joined
    31 Mar '10
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb

Personally, for once, the official site is actually really good! You can watch the games live, or you can follow your team live, all at the same time! It depends whether you require GM analysis. 🙂[/b]
    What I really wanted was standings - if they're on the official site I missed them.

I managed to find them here (from a link off of one you gave): http://chess-results.com/tnr36795.aspx?art=1&lan=1&flag=30&m=-1&wi=1000

There looks to be 32 teams left that have won their first two matches. And for some reason Russia has 5 teams. Russia must be embarrassed as the only one not to win their first two matches.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 03:00
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The home site is OK.

Edit - OK, late again.
    what happened to us? we got horsed 4:0, where is Aagaard, Rownson, Greenapwn etc
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 09:382 edits
    i cannot believe how long they take to make moves, i am watching the Scottish teams games and they take ages over their moves! In four games, 1...Qb6 is all that has happened in twenty minutes! I think Mrs Arakhamia-Grant has fallen asleep.

If i were playing in the olympiad, i would have an entry song, like the wrestlers do, 'please welcome the undertaker of chess, robbie carrobie'! a bell would toll in the distance, i would release bats and parade in clenching my fist at the crowd with an albino wolf beside me. After taking me seat, a pretty lady would remove my golden jewel encrusted crown and purple cloak and the game would then commence.
  13. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 11:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i cannot believe how long they take to make moves, i am watching the Scottish teams games and they take ages over their moves! In four games, 1...Qb6 is all that has happened in twenty minutes! I think Mrs Arakhamia-Grant has fallen asleep.

If i were playing in the olympiad, i would have an entry song, like the wrestlers do, 'please welcome the ...[text shortened]... ould remove my golden jewel encrusted crown and purple cloak and the game would then commence.
    cool 😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 11:23
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    cool 😀
    hehe, what would your intro song be?
  15. e4
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 11:382 edits
    Linda Jambo from Malawi got picked off by a
    Russian in Rd1 but in Rd 2 won with the Moller Gambit.

Paul (the man from Fics) did a good thread on this opening
    in December Thread 123060

In Rd 3 Linda is playing Rehema Khimulu from Kenya
    and she has turned down a draw.

ATM she is a pawn up but has given up the d-file saving the pawn
    and White is now active and is winning back the pawn.

after 27 White to play

Here is her Rd2 game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree