1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 23:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The values of the squares and pieces seem to vary depending on the location of the King and other pieces.
    yes the 1.10 on the bottom and top comes from the king being able to castle on that square so having 2 extra moves. Also the value of board changes as you remove pieces, If you take of a bishop its coloured squares are worth less.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 23:50
    I like this game, shows how important control of centre is even in prog vs prog games, the whole game is rybkas opening book too... scairy

rybka v shredder 15th World Computer Chess Championship (2007)
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1465000
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 03:18
    Originally posted by e4chris
    yes the 1.10 on the bottom and top comes from the king being able to castle on that square so having 2 extra moves. Also the value of board changes as you remove pieces, If you take of a bishop its coloured squares are worth less.
    Are you trying to figure out how you might be able to progam a computer to play chess? I believe that is going to be a difficult task from scratch.
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 04:003 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you trying to figure out how you might be able to progam a computer to play chess? I believe that is going to be a difficult task from scratch.
    I'm just trying to write the evaluation function (i think), what a computer would use to score a posistion, and by the looks of things I'd need a program just to do that. Also it might be possible to derive openings with these tables, they might be rubbish but its possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree