1. Joined
    06 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 21:08
    Could you recommend a software I could purchase that is good for analysis as well as training. Fritz? Chessmaster? other?

Also if possible please note the reasons for your opinion, and if it's not first hand knowledge then please note that as well.

Thanks to all!

🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '08 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by CEE DOG
    Could you recommend a software I could purchase that is good for analysis as well as training. Fritz? Chessmaster? other?

Also if possible please note the reasons for your opinion, and if it's not first hand knowledge then please note that as well.

Thanks to all!

🙂
    for analysis, do not buy anything before Rybka 3.0 comes out.. It's a terrific engine, way better than all others(including fritz, shredder, etc.), and has been dominating (severely) the engine lists for more than 2 years. I cannot imagine how the new version will be like. you will really enjoy analyzing with it, because the moves it suggests look so natural and human-type. It is told it will be out in a few months (namely in july).

for fun and a hell of a training series, buy chessmaster 11. Josh Waitzkin's tutorials (which are probably more than 30 hours or something) are simply great. the program itself is also very fun, you can play against any level of opposition in it.

for tactics, get Ct-Art 3.0 if you have the "deep analysis of complicated tactical problems" approach, but if you have the "repitition of rather simple ideas over and over again" approach, go with "personal chess trainor". they are both great at what they do.

all by first-hand knowledge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree