1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 01:43
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The Silman book is fine. Does the Soltis book cover IQP positions? It's difficult to find books that do anything much more than say that the player with the isolani should try to keep pieces on the board, that the rooks are nice on the two open files, and that the IQP should be pushed forward to open lines and enable attacking chances. A bit more than one paragraph and an annotated game would be nice.
    I have an entire book on IQP by Alexander Baburin.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0713480092/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1424655639&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=Baburin&dpPl=1&dpID=41GpgOG9zqL&ref=plSrch
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 04:19
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I have an entire book on IQP by Alexander Baburin.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0713480092/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1424655639&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=Baburin&dpPl=1&dpID=41GpgOG9zqL&ref=plSrch
    It looks ideal, but a little expensive.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 13:48
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    It looks ideal, but a little expensive.
    Yes it's just out of stock on Amazon. I'm sure it's possible to find it somewhere for the normal price. The book is really excellent, it deals with the IQP for both colours and has a quite dizzying amount of well written analysis. Highly recommended. 😉
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Feb '15 17:02
    Yes it's just out of stock on Amazon. I'm sure it's possible to find it somewhere for the normal price. The book is really excellent, it deals with the IQP for both colours and has a quite dizzying amount of well written analysis. Highly recommended. 😉
    Yes, I used the "look inside" feature. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 21:02
    Irritatingly it is out of print and bookshops seem to think that charging people ten times the RRP is in some way ethically justified because "it's the market". Hopefully the publishers will do another run of the book and knock these con artists into touch.
  6. Joined
    25 Jan '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 21:17
    If you refer to chess as faffing around with the pieces then you are not getting a feel for the game it shouldn't feel like ya faffing as why play it then ?? And that camera is poo because you have to make sure its straight etc then by the time you have got it up and set you may as well have looked in the book and set it up
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 21:231 edit
    Originally posted by luckyrookie
    If you refer to chess as faffing around with the pieces then you are not getting a feel for the game it shouldn't feel like ya faffing as why play it then ?? And that camera is poo because you have to make sure its straight etc then by the time you have got it up and set you may as well have looked in the book and set it up
    I gave this a "thumbs up" even though I don't know what it means, as I think it may be the first time that a Dickens character has seen fit to post on the forum!
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 06:26
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I gave this a "thumbs up" even though I don't know what it means, as I think it may be the first time that a Dickens character has seen fit to post on the forum!
    He is referring to the 15th post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree