1. Joined
    08 Mar '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 06:06
    Has anyone heard of/played a variation of chess called Bug House or Saimese Chess?

REALLY FUN!

It involves playing on a team with another person and when you capture a piece, you pass it to your partner (who is obviously playing the opposite color) and then they, instead of moving, can place the piece anywhere on the board!!!

Anyone played something like it?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 06:10
    Originally posted by Kn1ghtly
    Has anyone heard of/played a variation of chess called Bug House or Saimese Chess?

REALLY FUN!

It involves playing on a team with another person and when you capture a piece, you pass it to your partner (who is obviously playing the opposite color) and then they, instead of moving, can place the piece anywhere on the board!!!

I've played it. You can play it on FICS if you wish. And before you ask, no you can't play it here.
  3. Eternity
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 07:05

REALLY FUN!

Common name for those who didn't get it is Transfer and before anyone gets any ideas, 3 player Transfer doesn't work.
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 07:31
    FICS

Won 3 lost 20 rating 900

Yep! I play bughouse And i'm fantastic at it....

The chess Variations tend to suck....Atomic chess is amazingly unfair on black, and suicide rarely goes past 25 moves

The only good chess Variation i've played [ignoring games like shogi, Xian Qi] is the one where you are able to capture your own pieces...
  5. Dublin
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 16:11
    I've always known the above game as Swap Chess.

My favourite 'variation' is Cylindrical Chess. The idea is that the two rooks' files are effectively adjacent so for example a knight on h6 can move to a4 or b5 or a bishop on a6 can move on a diagonal of c8-b7-a6-h5-g4-f3-e2-d1.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 16:59
    Siamese, but Bughouse is the more commonly used term.

It's a form of chess played by bugs, not the bunny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree