1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 20:22
    Originally posted by nimzo5

But yes, if you have heumas turned on then you are doing a low grade form of cheating.
    No such thing as a low grade form of cheating - CHEATING IS CHEATING
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 10:52
    I turned heumas off when I started using chessbase to store games in progress. I've played on sites where the analysis board disallows illegal moves and indicates checkmate. Some of these sites have more vigorous enforcement against cheating than RHP. Even so, it is an interesting point. Perhaps we've all started down the slippery slope towards cheating just as that first cup of coffee leads to desires for stronger drugs.
  3. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 13:30
    Originally posted by Schach Attack
    I'm not sure if you're talking about the stand-alone software (which I'm not familiar with) or the free online opening database at chesslive.de (the latter did not have a square highlighting function, at least with the browser I use, the last time I checked -- I haven't used opening databases with any of my games here, as a matter of personal policy). ...[text shortened]... cific move. You have to make a move before receiving any statistical information about it.
    The software.Chessbase 8 to be precise.

Didn't they terminate that online database?Anyway,to work out variations it would be about as bad as the analyses board onhere.

toet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree