Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 30 Jul '07 02:57
    Does it matter, I only have a mac and it seems 10th edition is only avalible for windows, is 10th edition avalible for something else? or do I have to get 9000, is there a big difference?
  2. 30 Jul '07 02:58
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Does it matter, I only have a mac and it seems 10th edition is only avalible for windows, is 10th edition avalible for something else? or do I have to get 9000, is there a big difference?
    Fritz.
  3. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 03:00
    wait till august!!! chessmaster grandmaster edition is coming out!!!

    50 bucks.....but for like 20 bucks more ya get fritz...i think
  4. 30 Jul '07 03:02
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    wait till august!!! chessmaster grandmaster edition is coming out!!!

    50 bucks.....but for like 20 bucks more ya get fritz...i think
    I want tutorials, and I don't have windows, Fritz doesn't run on macs.
  5. 30 Jul '07 03:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    wait till august!!! chessmaster grandmaster edition is coming out!!!

    50 bucks.....but for like 20 bucks more ya get fritz...i think
    I got my Fritz for less than $40. (with tax)
  6. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 03:15
    maybe its time to get fritz...
  7. 30 Jul '07 03:51
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    maybe its time to get fritz...
    I need tutorials! I have a mac! Fritz doesn't give you tutorials!!!
  8. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 03:55 / 1 edit
    then wait till august for chessmaster grandmaster edition......but for now get chessmaster 10...(its 20 bucks)...then in august get CM grandmaster edition...it has tutorials.

    CM10 has tutorials.
  9. 30 Jul '07 03:57
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    then wait till august for chessmaster grandmaster edition......but for now get chessmaster 10...(its 20 bucks)...then in august get CM grandmaster edition...it has tutorials.

    CM10 has tutorials.
    CM10 is only avalible for windows! I have a macintosh!
  10. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 03:59
    well if CM 9000 works for MAC the get cm 9000....there is no difference between 9000 and cm10....unless you are a G-master... then cm 9000 will do for years to come.
  11. 30 Jul '07 04:04
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    well if CM 9000 works for MAC the get cm 9000....there is no difference between 9000 and cm10....unless you are a G-master... then cm 9000 will do for years to come.
    whats platforms is grandmaster edition going to be avalible for?
  12. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 04:06
    not sure ...but most likely only windows....if cm10 doesn't work for MAC...then i doubt cm grandmaster edition will...

    still cm9000 is just as good.........the really good programs are beneficial to strong players.....but for anyone below 2000 rating.....cm9000 is fine.
  13. 30 Jul '07 04:09
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    not sure ...but most likely only windows....if cm10 doesn't work for MAC...then i doubt cm grandmaster edition will...

    still cm9000 is just as good.........the really good programs are beneficial to strong players.....but for anyone below 2000 rating.....cm9000 is fine.
    will I miss out on any cool features?
  14. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    30 Jul '07 04:18
    yep....obviously fritz and the better more expensive programs have some cool s**t....but as for learning and getting better through tutorials and game databases,,....cm9000 is just as good.
  15. 30 Jul '07 04:25
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    yep....obviously fritz and the better more expensive programs have some cool s**t....but as for learning and getting better through tutorials and game databases,,....cm9000 is just as good.
    what cool features does fritz have and CM10?