Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 13 Dec '08 14:54
    Predator at the Chessboard which is www.chesstactics.org is now being published by Lulu (what ever that firm is.) I saw it on the first page of chesstactics. Two volumes for $19.98 each.

Has anyone seen this or ordered it?

I read so many people on forums recommending chesstactics.org but I don't like to read books on the computer.

Anyone?

grit
  2. 16 Dec '08 21:35
    Originally posted by grit
    Predator at the Chessboard which is www.chesstactics.org is now being published by Lulu (what ever that firm is.) I saw it on the first page of chesstactics. Two volumes for $19.98 each.

I read so many people on forums recommending chesstactics.org but I don't like to read books on the computer.

Anyone?

grit
    That'll be a 'no' then.

3. Standard member Lukerik
    Stick your hands up
    16 Dec '08 22:31
    I think this cheeky bugger is actually advertising it in our forum
  4. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    16 Dec '08 22:51 / 2 edits
    I doubt it. But why not to mention that site and the printed edition of it ? That site is fantastic and it's not rival to RHP by any means since it is not playing site, it is a learning site, so you can play better RHP games !
  5. 16 Dec '08 23:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by grit

Anyone?

grit
    yes i bought it, the first volume, the best tactics course i have yet to study, why, because you just do not get a whole bunch of problems, but you are taught how to think properly. the actual thought process when considering tactical moves. best tenner or whatever it cost i spent.

all the problems are per as the site, its just kind of good to have a book, i dont know why?
  6. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    16 Dec '08 23:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes i bought it, the first volume, the best tactics course i have yet to study, why, because you just do not get a whole bunch of problems, but you are taught how to think properly. the actual thought process when considering tactical moves. best tenner or whatever it cost i spent.

all the problems are per as the site, its just kind of good to have a book, i dont know why?
    Because net is crap. Nothing like a real book. And reading books on PC is annoying and not too good for one's vision.