Chucky, Don't Quit!

Chucky, Don't Quit!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pp

Moves
27 Nov 09

He is quitting! He'll die out there, like fish out of their lake!

http://www.ugra-chess.ru/eng/interv_10.htm

"To my mind I should leave the professional chess now. Chess becomes hobby for me from now on. As for the signed contracts, yes, I will play in all tournaments where I have to. Perhaps I will even participate in a tournament before the New Year. I should win SOMETHING! And that will be the end. No serious plans, no professional goals.
(...)
It was not just a match, it was a crucial match. I am sure, from now on I should forget about any serious aims in chess. I don't need anything from chess anymore. I start new life with new goals. Chess… I will become just a chess fan now. I will follow chess; will follow the games of my ex-colleagues.
"

h

Moves
27 Nov 09

Let Ivanchuk be. He's the most brilliant chess player of them all. If he wants to quit - which I doubt anyway, he is too much of a chessnut for that - then just let him.

rc

Moves
27 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by philidor position
He is quitting! He'll die out there, like fish out of their lake!

http://www.ugra-chess.ru/eng/interv_10.htm

[pgn]
[Event "World Cup"]
[Site "Khanty-Mansiysk RUS"]
[Date "2009.11.24"]
[Round "2.1"]
[White "Ivanchuk, Vassily"]
[Black "So, Wesley"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ChessCat "CHESSCAT 1.0"]
[ECO "C15"]
[Opening "French"]
[PlyCount "77" . I will follow chess; will follow the games of my ex-colleagues.
"
my goodness! he seems floored by this! disgusted with himself! maybe he shall come round, but it sounds as though he is quite resolved in his mind.

p

Moves
29 Nov 09
1 edit

all good chess players are babies like this.
IF they loose to a young player or a female player (ie: Polgar) they cry and make excuses. They get down on themselves thinking how can i loose to a kid or woman.

It's chess, it's about brains, nothing to do about being 50 and making more $$ or having a better job or being able to do something a 16yr old can't do.

Don't be a wuss, get back to the board Chucky.

I remember the documentary about brilliant minds (whatever it was called). They had Judith Polgar in it. She said when she was a young girl she'd go into the chess clubs and beat all the old men in the smokey rooms. All the men would make excuses when they lost. Oh my stomach hurts, ohh I'm tired, ohh I was sleepy, ohh I didn't feel like playing, oh you're just a girl I wasn't trying. Ohh I'm sick , I have the flu, etc.. Polgar said "I've never beaten a healthy man" as a joke.

C
Strategos

Ancient Greece

Moves
29 Nov 09

I hope that after seeing So knocking out Kamsky he will change his mind.

E3

Moves
29 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by pijun

I remember the documentary about brilliant minds (whatever it was called). They had Judith Polgar in it. She said when she was a young girl she'd go into the chess clubs and beat all the old men in the smokey rooms. All the men would make excuses when they lost. Oh my stomach hurts, ohh I'm tired, ohh I was sleepy, ohh I didn't feel like playing, oh yo sick , I have the flu, etc.. Polgar said "I've never beaten a healthy man" as a joke.
Two much earlier quotes from Tartakower : -
1/ "I never defeated a healthy opponent."
2/ poking fun at this phenomenon : -
"I had a toothache during the first game.
In the second game I had a headache.
In the third game it was an attack of rheumatism.
In the fourth game, I wasn't feeling well.
And in the fifth game? Well, must one have to win every game?".

pp

Moves
30 Nov 09
1 edit

hey, the guy has heard this fellow position and decided to reconsider:

---
"I ask the forgiveness of my supporters, friends, colleagues in arms, and numerous chess lovers, for the emotional interview. I was very upset after losing, but am not in any circumstances planning to give up chess! And I wish to contradict the reports on SMI regarding my departure from the game...."

Yours with respect, Vassily Ivanchuk

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5950