1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 00:23
    Hi all,

There are some Closed Sicilian thematic tournaments still open. Interestingly, the starting position is:

My question is this: Would it be bad form to enter this tournament, and then transpose into an open Sicilian with a subsequent 3. Nf3 and 4. d4, depending on what moves black plays?

I think someone should be able to play whatever they want from the starting position, but I could see someone being upset, thinking they were going to get Closed Sicilians but instead finding themselves with an Open Sicilian by a different move order.

I'm asking here because there is more traffic in this forum. Thanks ahead of time for your input!
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 00:25
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Hi all,

There are some Closed Sicilian thematic tournaments still open. Interestingly, the starting position is:

[pgn]1.e4 c5 2. Nc3[/pgn]

My question is this: Would it be bad form to enter this tournament, and then transpose into an open Sicilian with a subsequent 3. Nf3 and 4. d4, depending on what moves black plays?

I think someone sho ...[text shortened]... asking here because there is more traffic in this forum. Thanks ahead of time for your input!
    You can play whatever you like, it would start from a later move otherwise. I was looking at that earlier, very strong line up! Brave boy 😀
  3. e4
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 02:44
    Hi Paul,

You are not allowed to discuss games soon to be in progress. 🙂

THe Duck says if you get the chance as Black play The Mallard Variation.

4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 03:23
    Greenpawn has gone quackers!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree