19 Jul '12 20:321 edit
    Below is the analysis by kingshill with the board:

[b]
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 11:181 edit
    26.Rh7? is one move I did not cover that some might think would work in this position.

3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 01:20
    Very interesting analyses! Thanks both of you.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 01:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Very interesting analyses! Thanks both of you.
    I did not understand what kingshill meant by 12...e5³ ( it looks like e5 to the third power, but I don't think that could be right, however I left it in the anaylsis) maybe you know.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 10:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did not understand what kingshill meant by 12...e5³ ( it looks like e5 to the third power, but I don't think that could be right, however I left it in the anaylsis) maybe you know.
    That is a typo, there is no chess reference with exponential notation. In a larger work it could be a footnote reference but not in a one sentence exposition.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 19:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That is a typo, there is no chess reference with exponential notation. In a larger work it could be a footnote reference but not in a one sentence exposition.
    Yeah. He could have intended to make footnotes. I never thought of that angle. My mind was too absorbed with the mathematical idea, which I thought was kind of funny. I still say for me it's old age. I like that excuse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree