1. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 22:49
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    Cardoza who defeated Bronstein in Curazao 1958 ?
    The guy that currently owns Cardoza Publishing is Avery Cardoza, born in 1957. So it clearly wasn't him. Whether it was one of his relatives, I have no idea.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 23:45
    Cardoza Publishing primarily publishes books about gambling. Their chess books tend to be very poorly proofread. The first printing of Eric Schiller's, "Encyclopedia of Chess Wisdom" had some real howlers. Most of the bad proofreading was cleaned up in the second printing.
  3. 19th hole
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 01:50
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    so i did the unthinkable, bought a chess book by cardoza publishing! 😲

it wasnt by bruce pandolfini though, wow does he suck...
    on second thought, he gives me hope, as i already have enough skills to beat out zaps and traps 2 with a book of my own...
    here is a page in it...

traps on the alekhines defense...

1.e4 Nf6
    2.Nc3 Rg8

now for the trap... E5!!!!! 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲
    Grandmasters fall for that trap a lot 🙂
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 02:46
    303 Tricky Checkmates is pretty good in my opinion and it is published by Cardoza.
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 17:36
    Originally posted by UserChevy
    Grandmasters fall for that trap a lot 🙂
    yeah, weyerstrass gets into that one from time to time.. 😉
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 19:17
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    303 Tricky Checkmates is pretty good in my opinion and it is published by Cardoza.
    Now that you bring it up, I think previous Wilson/Albertson puzzle/tactics books put out by Cardoza have received decent reviews (or at least not bad reviews), so that correlates to your experience. So, we've at least proven that not everything put out by Cardoza is complete crap. I guess it's like many things in life - You have to put in a little effort to separate the wheat from the chaff. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree