Damn!

Standard membercmsMaster
Only Chess 19 Jan '08 05:52
  1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 05:52
    It appears that PC finally decided to take away my membership status, which I somehow got to keep for a year and a half when I was supposed to only have it for a year...

Anyhow, I'm switching over to ICC, I re-downloaded the free trial tonight, and I'll be signing up tomorrow. I have to say though, that ICC blows PC out of the water. Functions like chess.fm and adjourned games (pretty important for me, because I sometimes have connection problems if lines get crossed) make ICC way better than ICC for me. Not to mention that I only have to pay $30/year because I'm a student. 🙂
  2. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 06:03
    it said it couldn't download the free trial due to it not recognizing my computer...so no ICC for me!
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 06:11
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    it said it couldn't download the free trial due to it not recognizing my computer...so no ICC for me!
    That's weird...
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 06:17
    yep...but true.

i wanted ICC for real 30 minute to 2 hour games....
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 07:06
    Not recognizing your computer. All you have to do is click the download link: http://www.chessclub.com/helpcenter/interface/sys_download.php It doesn't even attempt to recognize any computer, it's just a download. Maybe your internet has or had problems.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 07:58
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    yep...but true.

i wanted ICC for real 30 minute to 2 hour games....
    go to chesshere for 30min to two hour games...it is having problems right now but that is because the new owner of the site is making it better...you can also play 30min games here.
  7. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 13:04
    You could also play on FICS instead. Lacks the slick interface of ICC's Dashin but the two were founded around the same time and based on the same server code, so functionally they're very similar. Probably the best free non-CC site on the net.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 15:45
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Functions like chess.fm and adjourned games (pretty important for me, because I sometimes have connection problems if lines get crossed) make ICC way better than ICC for me.
    I agree, ICC is much better than ICC. 😛
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 16:02
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It's probably just a matter of personal preference, but I don't think ICC is as good as ICC.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 21:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Ouch! Remind me not to post so late at night! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree