1. washington
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 01:47
    does anyone have this book and what do you think of it? i bought the book and just finished chapter 1 for the second player is this book worth reading? i thought it was about the nimzo indian but its more like a bunch of side variations is what it seems like. any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 02:18
    Originally posted by kmac27
    does anyone have this book and what do you think of it? i bought the book and just finished chapter 1 for the second player is this book worth reading? i thought it was about the nimzo indian but its more like a bunch of side variations is what it seems like. any thoughts?
    I know that !~Tony~! bought the Sicilian one for sure, not sure about the NID one though. It's supposed to be sidelines I think, but he seemed to like it and said there were some cool ideas in there.
  3. washington
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 02:20
    i'm reading it and it has some interesting things in there. i havn't played the nimzo before so its all new to me ;-) but its for more of an attacking or risk taking player which i rather take a risk and lose than lose out of boring play ;-) u know that
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 02:26
    i'm reading it and it has some interesting things in there. i havn't played the nimzo before so its all new to me ;-) but its for more of an attacking or risk taking player which i rather take a risk and lose than lose out of boring play ;-) u know that
    Well Ward did have a hand in writing it...so I don't doubt that it's for aggressive players.
  5. Kalamazoo, MI
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 02:31
    It's a great book but really for two kinds of players. Those who play and are familiar with the black side of the Nimzo or d4,c4,Nf3 players as white. To learn the Nimzo I recommend the Aagaard DVD.
  6. washington
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 02:37
    i'm more of a book person dvd's bore the hell out of me and i like to be able to open to the page i want and review it quickly.
  7. London
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 04:26
    Not sure about this book but quite a few get sidelines out of the way in the first chapter and I find this annoying when you just want to get into the basics...you could try another chapter. I have Starting Out: the Nimzo-Indian by Chris Ward (Everyman Chess)...it's clear, well laid out and doesn't assume too much knowledge - so I'd recommend it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree