1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 16:572 edits
    Here Kasparov was beaten by a player with same name as one of our most respected and strong players. Is it the same person ?

And what's up with Kasparov's 12. Nf5 move... ? He got two pawns and for a piece but as far as I see black castle is still pretty much solid...

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1311655
  2. The sky
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 16:58
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Here Kasparov was beaten by a player with same name as one of our most respected and strong players. Is it the same person ?
    Yes.
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 17:00
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yes.
    Woooow 😲
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Woooow 😲
    it was a simul though, but it's still an impressive achievement. there aren't many people who have won kasparov, simul or not.

tebb posted his analysis in some thread way back...

oh here it is:

Thread 3438
  5. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 18:06
    Originally posted by wormwood
    it was a simul though, but it's still an impressive achievement. there aren't many people who have won kasparov, simul or not.

tebb posted his analysis in some thread way back...

oh here it is:

Thread 3438
    Actually I'm a bit embarrassed by what I wrote about that game. Some of my comments were supposed to be funny - but they weren't 😳

Never annotate a game when you're drunk! 😵
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 18:11
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Actually I'm a bit embarrassed by what I wrote about that game. Some of my comments were supposed to be funny - but they weren't 😳

Even more important not to play the game while drunk!
  7. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 18:25

I found them quite funny 😛
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 18:37

what are you talking about, some of the best annotations have been written drunk. 🙂

"With the black pieces I soon equalised, but my opponent played the middle game well, and as our pawn chains locked the centre efficiently, the a-file was my only hope. Luckily, Nigel Chapman offered me a pint as we passed the first time control, and that did the trick. With my opponent spending much time, and me with no risk of losing, I managed to "grind her down", winning a pawn and then another before 0-1 was a fact. Not an impressive start, but nonetheless a point and a pint."

http://www.blackpoolchess.org.uk/games/borchgrevink_2007_games.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree