Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 28 Mar '07 17:22
    Does anyone know what happened to this person? I have a game with him, and I see that I may end up timing him out like everyone else. Did he leave the site?
  2. 28 Mar '07 17:45
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Does anyone know what happened to this person? I have a game with him, and I see that I may end up timing him out like everyone else. Did he leave the site?
    It is possible, especially as they haven't moved for so long.

    The problem you have is if you don't timeout and they come back and beat you, which is always a possibility given that they are rated much higher than you when they actually play, then based on their current rating, you will lose a heap of points.

    This will be why everyone else is timing the person out.
  3. 28 Mar '07 18:29
    Some players may time him because they work for Pepsi.
  4. 28 Mar '07 20:44
    Same thing for this player User 296643, rated around 2000 and now in the 1100s. I was really looking forward to completing our game Game 2841392 seeing as I had just gotten an advantage and he was a far superior rated player.

    Any 2000 players want to play an unrated game starting from this position?
  5. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    28 Mar '07 20:47
    Hope nothing terrible happened to them
  6. 28 Mar '07 20:50
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Hope nothing terrible happened to them
    Like life?
  7. 29 Mar '07 02:31
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Same thing for this player User 296643, rated around 2000 and now in the 1100s. I was really looking forward to completing our game Game 2841392 seeing as I had just gotten an advantage and he was a far superior rated player.

    Any 2000 players want to play an unrated game starting from this position?
    I think you can safely say you would have won that game
  8. 29 Mar '07 03:14
    Originally posted by idioms
    I think you can safely say you would have won that game
    That makes me feel better about taking the timeout.
  9. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    29 Mar '07 15:30
    hope the guy's alright. Took up a lot of forum space with complete tripe IMO, kinda like a fly buzzing around, but a nice chap all the same.
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    29 Mar '07 15:36
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    hope the guy's alright. Took up a lot of forum space with complete tripe IMO, kinda like a fly buzzing around, but a nice chap all the same.
    My feelings exactly... He was all around the forums and now he's gone... I hope nothing serious happened...
  11. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    07 Apr '07 01:01 / 1 edit
    (yelling from a distance) DIET COKE...WHERE ARE YOU?
  12. 07 Apr '07 01:54
    Originally posted by adramforall
    It is possible, especially as they haven't moved for so long.

    The problem you have is if you don't timeout and they come back and beat you, which is always a possibility given that they are rated much higher than you when they actually play, then based on their current rating, you will lose a heap of points.

    This will be why everyone else is timing the person out.
    curious: why do you refer to the diet as a "They"
  13. 07 Apr '07 08:41
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    curious: why do you refer to the diet as a "They"
    Maybe because Diet Coke is often seen in six-packs.
  14. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Apr '07 20:36
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    curious: why do you refer to the diet as a "They"
    you're back!