1. The sky
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 16:23
    Originally posted by kmac27
    magnus carlesen is left handed and his elo is 2708 i dont know how many other gm's are left handed but i'll research it.
    Interestingly, Magnus plays with the right hand.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 16:27
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    Ohh, and unfortunatly the issue isn't as simple as that

Am I left handed??

I write with - left
    throw a ball - right
    play tennis - right
    cook - left
    draw - left.

etc, etc

^ while I write with my left hand the majority of other things (such as sports) I tend to favour my right. -- thought it must be siad that when it comes to things such ...[text shortened]... decide which one I am better with, because niether seem more/less 'natural' than the other...
    Im just like you, I write and eat left handed, but most sports, guns, and bows, Im right handed. Im right eyed dominent which probaly explains that, Does that mean my my brain is the same as a right handed person even though I consider myself left handed?
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 16:29
    i throw left
    kick with both
    write right
    eat right liike with a spoon or fork
    bowl with either shoot pool right
    punch left. so i dont know what one i am either. i figure mainly left because baseball i use my left and i could have been ambidextrious if my dad had me throw and stuff with both hands.
    I'm curious, Is your Left eye the dominant eye?
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 18:342 edits
    I eat, play chess, throw a ball, write and do just about everything with my left hand. Right handed tin openers are a bit tricky, but even that I use with my left hand. Does not seem to do much for my chess playing ability though.

EDIT: I am left eye dominant.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 18:39
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    I believe it to be true, I'm right handed, but when I click the submit move button using my left hand!!!!!
    Should I ask why?
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 19:26
    Originally posted by ark13
    Should I ask why?
    Because his chess clock is on his left hand side, and he has to move the piece with the same hand.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 19:36
    hey i read this page because i was curious about the brain and chess. if you are right handed you are usually left brain dominant and vis versa. if your left handed and analysis is on the right side of the brain would that give you an upper edge in overal learning of the game and how quick you can become better?
    http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/articles/dominance/index.htm
    What a great new excuse for being naff at chess you've given me. . . cheers bro 🙂
  8. The sky
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 21:39
    I am slightly more right-handed, but there are many things I do with my left hand or with whichever hand is closest. I write mostly with my left hand (and from the right to the left) now, but that's because I get a writer's cramp if I write too much with my right hand. I usually don't use my right eye at all, and I always use my left ear when I am on the phone.
  9. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 22:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree