Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 25 May '07 04:39 / 1 edit
    This happen a hell lot of times. I post an open invite with the notice "finish at one sitting please". And the moment they accept it, they will go offline and only return the next day.
  2. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    25 May '07 04:53
    you might want to read a book...on grammar..
  3. Standard member drdon
    His Mateship
    25 May '07 06:24
    Originally posted by Riddle2007
    This happen a hell lot of times. I post an open invite with the notice "finish at one sitting please". And the moment they accept it, they will go offline and only return the next day.
    The phrase 'one sitting" is probably part of the problem in the context of correspondence chess played with people around the world in many time zones. The answer is possbily to either play blitz with long time controls or set games with 1 day timeout without time bank?
  4. 25 May '07 09:06 / 1 edit
    you're certainly right, last night I had my own little open invite adventure, and after more than 6 tries of trying to play against a stronger 1600 (or up) opponent, I concluded people do these kind of things on purpose, just to sabotage.
  5. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    25 May '07 09:11
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    You might want to get one on punctuation, unless you want to keep looking like a hypocritical moron.
  6. 25 May '07 12:43
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    He's from malaysia, cut him some slack.....let's see you write in his language and see how well you do.
  7. 25 May '07 12:51
    I've found that one sitting isn't realistic to expect from open invites. On occasions where you find a fast mover, just challenge him when you need a fast game. It's understandable, these games aren't supposed to be played fast. However, you should at least be able to make a couple moves after accepting the invite. The player who accepts and does not make a single move is very annoying, and I usually just trash it.
  8. 25 May '07 14:18
    you should try blitz
  9. 25 May '07 14:21
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    you're certainly right, last night I had my own little open invite adventure, and after more than 6 tries of trying to play against a stronger 1600 (or up) opponent, I concluded people do these kind of things on purpose, just to sabotage.
    I think under Advanced Options you can set it so only those meeting your requirements can select the game
  10. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    25 May '07 21:44
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    He's from malaysia, cut him some slack.....let's see you write in his language and see how well you do.
    sorry, he said do no one read anymore...i couldnt help it...
  11. 26 May '07 11:09
    Geez that was polite when you consider I was going to fire back with "Me fail English? That's unpossible!!"
  12. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    26 May '07 11:35 / 1 edit
    If they do that, just put them on your ignore list.
  13. 26 May '07 16:59
    i recommend using Blitz (it's on the menu bar now), all those games will finish in one sitting
  14. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    26 May '07 17:21
    Originally posted by pawntorook4
    Geez that was polite when you consider I was going to fire back with "Me fail English? That's unpossible!!"
  15. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    26 May '07 17:25
    meh wead a rong time