1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 20:431 edit
    I play almost exclusively online and it just dawned on me that I quite often make lazy moves. I don't really study each move as much as I should, and sometimes do stuff like hang my own queen.

Bad habit...
  2. bedlam
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 20:52
    same here and the same with playing vs a computer program

It's just not the same as sitting opposite an ugly,smelly,irritating noises making human
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 20:58
    Originally posted by torten
    same here and the same with playing vs a computer program

It's just not the same as sitting opposite an ugly,smelly,irritating noises making human
    who have you been playing?
  4. bedlam
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 21:13
    Originally posted by trev33
    who have you been playing?
    Nobody.But I did make a short stop at the Belgian championship as a spectator.

Saw many ugly guys.I don't mind those though,I actually resemble my avatar so yeah...

Smelled 2 specimen from about 10 meters distance.And,judging by the noises,1 guy seemed to have swallowed a live frog
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 21:19
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I play almost exclusively online and it just dawned on me that I quite often make lazy moves. I don't really study each move as much as I should, and sometimes do stuff like hang my own queen.

Bad habit...
    You made a lazy resignation in our game that I'm still trying to puzle out.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 00:26

Bad habit...
    I dont start concentrating until at least 2 pawns down.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 14:24
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You made a lazy resignation in our game that I'm still trying to puzle out.
    I thought the position was lost.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 18:53

Bad habit...
    Me too, and yes, it is. But I can't help it - chess, to me, is just a game. A game I like and love to read about and study, but still not a way of life, as it has to be if you want to be a 2400+.

Richard
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 21:34
    I thought the position was lost.
    Hmm... I didn't think so. Material was going to be even and my attack was going to peter out but maybe you saw something I didn't. Could you give me a line?
  10. Standard memberhunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    The sticks
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 22:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I dont start concentrating until at least 2 pawns down.
    That's what started me playing the Grob. Give yourself a disadvantage then you have to concentrate.

Doesn't work, mind you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree