Does getting older "hurt" your chess play?

Does getting older "hurt" your chess play?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
03 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
This applies in all aspects of life. The human race learns more, we improve, move on and every generation knows more than the previous but that doesn't make them move intelligent.

Who is the most brilliant human ever? The person who discovered the Internal Combustion Engine, the inventor of the automobile or the inventer of the wheel.

Without the first and last the second would never have happened!
Yeah, its not that the old guys are worse (maybe they are past their peak also) but its that the standard of excellence is higher than when they were coming up

k

washington

Moves
03 Feb 07

the older u get probably the less ambitious you are about whatever you love to do. also wouldn't it be hard to study to become the world chess champion because i know those guys before a match study for crazy hours. so maybe the stamina in staying up to study could hamper their ability.

A

Frostbyte Falls

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by Chaswray
LOL....now I understand why my chess stinks...my brain is rottingπŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ™„
It certainly explains why I am playing so poorly on and off. Dang I need some Geritol. Sometimes I dont even recognize the game I am playing, woe thats getting old. πŸ™„πŸ˜€