Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 15 Jan '09 22:56
    Okay, I suspect nobody other than me cares about this, but thanks to this Chessbase News article, I can finally put a face to the name regarding all the Gobet articles I've read.

    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5147

    Also, I really enjoyed Dr. Gobet's tribute to Adriaan de Groot titled "Adriaan de Groot: Marriage of two passions" at this link:

    http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~hsstffg/bibliography-by-topic.html#Bio-deGroot

    (Chessbase published a short obit on de Groot when he passed away in 2006, but Gobet's tribute is enlightening in its own way.)

    The Chessbase News obit on de Groot:
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3290
  2. 15 Jan '09 23:06
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Okay, I suspect nobody other than me cares about this, but thanks to this Chessbase News article, I can finally put a face to the name regarding all the Gobet articles I've read.

    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5147

    Also, I really enjoyed Dr. Gobet's tribute to Adriaan de Groot titled "Adriaan de Groot: Marriage of two passions" at this ...[text shortened]...
    The Chessbase News obit on de Groot:
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3290
    well i cared, interesting article maddened one, i wish there was some data for those who learned later like myself!
  3. 15 Jan '09 23:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    well i cared, interesting article maddened one, i wish there was some data for those who learned later like myself!
    I had exactly the same thought. I started so late in life that sometimes I think I'm doing well if I can just remember how the horsey moves.
  4. 16 Jan '09 00:05
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I had exactly the same thought. I started so late in life that sometimes I think I'm doing well if I can just remember how the horsey moves.
    lol, i thought it was a chariot!