Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    28 Mar '16 23:29
    Just managed to draw against a National Master from the US. Woohoo!! 😀

2. 28 Mar '16 23:35
    Gratulation.
    Were you Black and he /she?/ tried too much to force a win?
    😉
  3. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    28 Mar '16 23:44
    No i was white actually. I think he tried to get a bit cute with 16..b5 which allows me to untangle somewhat. The resulting play is quite forced. I regretted playing f3 instead of a5 later on as it seems to waste a tempo. Maybe there was a way to win possibly but it's very hard to calculate. I wanted the bishop to control g2 and h1. The computer only gave me 2 inaccuracies in a 50+ move game! Really chuffed 😀
  4. Subscriber 64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    29 Mar '16 01:35
    amazingoid! That's pretty nice, yeah he's a beast, I've watched him play, so well done 😀
  5. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    29 Mar '16 09:56
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    amazingoid! That's pretty nice, yeah he's a beast, I've watched him play, so well done 😀
    Yes I challenged him on twitch. I lost one to a blunder then played this game. I like the white side of the Maroczy bind, you can choose whether you want it sharp or positional.. 🙂
  6. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    29 Mar '16 10:31
    Time control ?
  7. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    29 Mar '16 10:32
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Time control ?
    5min +3
  8. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Mar '16 10:48
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Yes I challenged him on twitch. I lost one to a blunder then played this game. I like the white side of the Maroczy bind, you can choose whether you want it sharp or positional.. 🙂
    Twitch? Is that a chess site?
  9. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    29 Mar '16 10:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Twitch? Is that a chess site?
    No. We played on lichess but the game was streamed to twitch.com. It is a site, kind of like a live youtube where you can watch people playing games with commentary. lichess have a link on their main page for people who are streaming games played on their site. It's really rather good if you just fancy kibitzing with a cup of tea. 🙂

The master who i played in this game has his own channel and accepts challenges from viewers live on air..