1. Joined
    11 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 20:57
    I was wondering how many moves without a capture must be made before a draw can be claimed. I read 50. Once this happens, must a draw be claimed? Can it be denied? Does RHP do the draw automatically or do I have to claim?

Thanks.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 20:58
    I believe only repetition of moves is done automatically. All other drawish situations need to be claimed a draw (or offered and accepted).
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 20:59
    Thanks.
  4. Belfast
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 21:04
    Originally posted by led
    I was wondering how many moves without a capture must be made before a draw can be claimed. I read 50. Once this happens, must a draw be claimed? Can it be denied? Does RHP do the draw automatically or do I have to claim?

Thanks.
    50 moves without a capture or a pawn move, and you are given the option for a draw.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 21:14
    Right, right. I knew it was without capture or pawn move. My main question was whether it was automatic or not.
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 02:41
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I believe only repetition of moves is done automatically. All other drawish situations need to be claimed a draw (or offered and accepted).
    it's not automatic
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:09
    Originally posted by Aiko
    No draw other than stalemate is automatic. Both draw by repetition and under the 50 move rule must be claimed (on the move they occur).
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 17:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No draw other than stalemate is automatic. Both draw by repetition and under the 50 move rule must be claimed (on the move they occur).
    That's strange then. I have played at least two matches in the last few months drawing against an opponent right after I had offered a draw to my opponent, which got declined and the game ended in an draw due to repitition (as the main board indicated). I thought my opponents thought there was more in it for them so they decided to continue, but caused a draw by repitition after all. Strange...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree