Originally posted by moon1969
I think maybe you win with 37.Qh1.
Only first glances here and only for discussion. I am no expert, that’s for sure.
1. Not sure about 4. b4 as you even indicate. I was thinking instead to develop a piece or maybe 4. h3 to stop the pin. But you did ultimately use the b4 pawn.
2. I understand your tempo thought, but I don’t think you had to do 2 ...[text shortened]... cely, you use the h-file and grab it. I am not sure what he would have done in reply to 37.Qh1.
1. Usually yeah, development is key, but b4 has had it's uses for me in the past... i think i played it too early though
2. Nc4 may have been interesting... he'd play b5, Knight moves to e3, and he couldn't then take the bishop because I would have RxR
I may have actually considered that, but I'm figuring the tempo thing swung it for me in the end
3. I didn't see any threats on the a-file... I think the one flaw in my game was that I was in "draw mode" and was not trying to find a win, which to be perfectly honest is useless, unambitious, and perhaps should be why i'm having difficulty in progressing much above 1600
4. I think after Qh1 he has Kf7, and then retreating to e6, and he may have enough time to scramble his rook back to a7 to keep the draw.
I don't even know why I went through the bother trying to open up the h-file when I didn't even use it
Fritz seems to suggest the endgame was drawing right up until i played QxQ... never mind, always next time >.<