Draws

Standard memberdsmfire
Only Chess 21 Sep '07 21:34
  1. home
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:34
    Do you think it wold be fewer draws in, say, World championship, if it was 3 pts for a win and 1 for draw? Would it affect the game a lot? I suspect it would be less early draws.
    A well played draw game might be very amusing, but early draws are not so fun.
    Is top level chess too much concerned about "not to lose" instead of "to win"?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:35
    Originally posted by dsmfire
    Do you think it wold be fewer draws in, say, World championship, if it was 3 pts for a win and 1 for draw? Would it affect the game a lot? I suspect it would be less early draws.
    A well played draw game might be very amusing, but early draws are not so fun.
    Is top level chess too much concerned about "not to lose" instead of "to win"?
    Yes, you'd have fewer draws.
  3. The Hague
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 22:51
    The 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw system is a bit strange IMO. A draw can be a very hard-worked for, good and proud result in chess, whereas f.i. in football, where they use the 3 point/1 point system, a draw is usually considered to be less spectacular. I played in a couple of tournaments on this site where I would have proceeded to the next round if the system would have been 1, 1/2, 0 points. With the 3/1/0 system, if you play too many draws, you've practically lost the tournament, which means that yes, you would have fewer draws.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 22:58
    Good idea. That would allow for a more enjoyable chess matches to be watched. It may not suit my fav chess world champion however so please learn your tounge to speak proper English.
  5. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Sep '07 00:32
    It didn't change a thing in our national football league (soccer for the US folk).And I don't think it changed anything in the european football league either.I doubt it would change much in chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree