Dvd

Standard membermipmcpt
Only Chess 30 Apr '07 17:02
  1. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 17:02
    I have some chess training dvds that work with the fritz media system,it says i need fritz 8 .

I have fritz 10.

does anyone know if i have to get fritz 8 for the training videos to work.
    surely it will work with fritz 10.

At the moment when i play the dvd i get the video but not the training board!! is the something i am doing wrong,its frustrating as the seem good dvds according to reviews!!
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 17:10
    Originally posted by mipmcpt
    I have some chess training dvds that work with the fritz media system,it says i need fritz 8 .

I have fritz 10.

At the moment when i play the dvd i get the video but not the training board!! is the something i am doing wrong,its frustrating as the seem good dvds according to reviews!!
    install chessbase reader and use that instead of fritz?
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 17:18

I have fritz 10.

Are you opening the videos with friz? My dvds work just fine with fritz10.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 18:55
    Where did you get those DVDs? To see the training videos in F10 click the F10 icon and then the menu gives you these options :-

- PlayChess.com
    - (Chess Course) Training Videos
    - Play Fritz
  5. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 23:21
    thanks folks

it was a fault on my computer,fixed now.

By the way anyone recommend any good chess training dvds?
  6. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 23:271 edit
    thanks folks

it was a fault on my computer,fixed now.

By the way anyone recommend any good chess training dvds?
    I have enjoyed the ABC's of the Caro-Kann from Andrew Martin. He has an ABC's of the Czech-Benoni out now that purports to be a good repertoire against 1d4. I would prefer to find something in a Slav or Semi-Slav though to compliment the Caro-Kann against 1. e4.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 23:34
    Originally posted by BLReid
    I have enjoyed the ABC's of the Caro-Kann from Andrew Martin. He has an ABC's of the Czech-Benoni out now that is purports to be a good repertoire against 1d4. I would prefer to find something in a Slav or Semi-Slav though to compliment the Caro-Kann against 1. e4.
    andrew martin is great. funny, and extremely clear. I just got his fox dvd's for the leningrad & anti-dutch openings, both very nice. I've also got his 'the basics of winning chess', which is very good as well.

for endgames, the karsten müller dvds are great. very funny in a dry german monty-pythonesque way.
  8. Rural Ontario
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 23:57
    Originally posted by wormwood
    for endgames, the karsten müller dvds are great. very funny in a dry german monty-pythonesque way.
    That's so true, the guy cracks me up everytime 🙂
  9. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:57
    What do people think of the Foxy chess training dvds?
    and any you would recommend?
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    01 May '07 22:32
    foxy was what I meant by 'fox'. 🙂

very low budget, crappy production, but the beef itself is all good. at least in the 2 andrew martin dvds I got from foxy series. -basically you see a board and andrew walks you through variations, shows ideas, and example games. there's no shortcuts from menu to individual topics, it's all in one file. I made a table of contents for myself in a textfile, with topics and the position in time, but it's of course something they should've done themselves to begin with.

so good content, but crappy production. sort of like the roman dvds, although roman is also a phenomenally bad performer to top it all. 🙂
  11. Under Cover
    Moves
    02 May '07 04:04
    so good content, but crappy production. sort of like the roman dvds, although roman is also a phenomenally bad performer to top it all. 🙂
    Roman's DVD's are a real cure for insomnia.
  12. London
    Moves
    02 May '07 05:59
    foxy was what I meant by 'fox'. 🙂

very low budget, crappy production, but the beef itself is all good. at least in the 2 andrew martin dvds I got from foxy series. -basically you see a board and andrew walks you through variations, shows ideas, and example games. there's no shortcuts from menu to individual topics, it's all in one file. I made a table ...[text shortened]... like the roman dvds, although roman is also a phenomenally bad performer to top it all. 🙂
    The Roman DVD's - so bad it's comical - such extraordinarily crappy production values that I can't bring myself to watch the ones I have to decide if the content is any good.
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 May '07 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Roman's DVD's are a real cure for insomnia.
    well, I checked the complete repertoire for white, and was positively surprised. probably because I had heard so much bad things about his dvds. but still, I think the content was actually pretty good on that dvd at least.

and what do you really need from a chess dvd anyway? good content, a commentator and a 2d board. that's all. everything else is just icing on the cake.

but I agree those guys could put some effort into it. but I guess they're just huge geeks. 🙂
  14. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:08
    One just arrived in the post for me today 😀

Will have a look at it tonight and let you know,

J
  15. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:00
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    One just arrived in the post for me today 😀

Will have a look at it tonight and let you know,

J
    Only watched about a 20 mins in, seemed very good. You'd need some bit of "chess cop on" tho, as the commentary might go something like "16. Ke2, obviously..." Where as some lower rated players might need a good look at the board to see what "obviously" is. In other words, the pace is pretty fast, course the good side to that is it covers a lot! If you can't keep up... well, it's a DVD, rewind... pause!

Recommended!

J

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree