Moves
    21 Feb '12 16:35
    made me laugh

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/worst.html
  2. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 04:12
    I don't know what poor Ray Keene did to incur the wrath of Winter, but Winter's criticism of Kene's stuff is some of the most funniest stuff I've ever read.

Kingpin mag also hates Keene.

They posted a diagram of the final position of the game in which Keene secured his GM title (he got a short draw) and they captioned it in Keene-esque language. It was something like "Find the move in this action-packed position."

Keene isn't the worst guy, but he has a colorful history, and he's incurred animus from people from Miles to Winter.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 12:18
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    I don't know what poor Ray Keene did to incur the wrath of Winter, but Winter's criticism of Kene's stuff is some of the most funniest stuff I've ever read.

Kingpin mag also hates Keene.

They posted a diagram of the final position of the game in which Keene secured his GM title (he got a short draw) and they captioned it in Keene-esque language. It was ...[text shortened]... ut he has a colorful history, and he's incurred animus from people from Miles to Winter.
    Not to pass unverified gossip, but my notion is that Keene has done various shady things as a promoter of chess. The Braingames match being an example.
  4. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 14:15
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Not to pass unverified gossip, but my notion is that Keene has done various shady things as a promoter of chess. The Braingames match being an example.
    There's that and several cases of documented plagiarism. I was rereading Chess Notes and found that Keene copied Winter's writing for one of his Spectator articles.

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/copying.html
  5. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 18:15
    He is called The Penguin not just because he looks like one, but also (some say) he is a bit of a villain.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 15:41
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    I don't know what poor Ray Keene did to incur the wrath of Winter
    Being the English Bouwmeester.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree