1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 13:19
    Here are some more statistics with my RHP record so far against all 1.d4 players as Black with the Englund Gambit:

P=23
    1-0=7 (30.4% )
    0-1=14 (60.9% )
    1/2=2 (8.7% )

Conclusive proof that 1.d4 e5!? gives Black a strong advantage from move 1.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 13:32
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Here are some more statistics with my RHP record so far against all 1.d4 players as Black with the Englund Gambit:

P=23
    1-0=7 (30.4% )
    0-1=14 (60.9% )
    1/2=2 (8.7% )

Conclusive proof that 1.d4 e5!? gives Black a strong advantage from move 1.
    The fact that you had several wins with the Englund means not necessarily that it is a sound gambit; at the games you posted the White was too greedy and he blundered instead of following the corus 1.d4 strategy😵
  3. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 13:39
    be careful posting on this thread. I notice that most of you have games in progress where the first move was either d4 or e4!

I recommend that you finish such games, only play games with more offbeat openings and then continue this discussion but only with those who you verify have also finished all their e4 and d4 games.

Actually, if e4 and d4 were banned for a month, it would be fun to see the varied games that arose.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 13:45
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    be careful posting on this thread. I notice that most of you have games in progress where the first move was either d4 or e4!

I recommend that you finish such games, only play games with more offbeat openings and then continue this discussion but only with those who you verify have also finished all their e4 and d4 games.

Actually, if e4 and d4 were banned for a month, it would be fun to see the varied games that arose.
    Ah, if 1.d4 and 1.e4 games were banned, then the Royal Game itself would be banned as well😵
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 15:56
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Ah, if 1.d4 and 1.e4 games were banned, then the Royal Game itself would be banned as well😵
    imagine beetle, you would have to resort to the English opening, spit-ding! and i would have to play some woosie Kings Indian attack, ahhh the horror!
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 16:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    imagine beetle, you would have to resort to the English opening, spit-ding! and i would have to play some woosie Kings Indian attack, ahhh the horror!
    Yikes, the horror big time😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree