1. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 06:341 edit
    Ever since I started playing this game I've always been frustrated with people who seem to trade pieces whenever the opportunity presents itself, regardless if it helps them or not. Then it comes down to a pawn game. Is there a way to put these type of players in their place?
    It sickens me how much trading can and does(for me) take away from the game.

Are my pieces that much better than everyone else's? (of course, this is a joke)
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 06:53
    Originally posted by LordofADown
    Ever since I started playing this game I've always been frustrated with people who seem to trade pieces whenever the opportunity presents itself, regardless if it helps them or not. Then it comes down to a pawn game. Is there a way to put these type of players in their place?

Are my pieces that much better than everyone else's? (of course, this is a joke)
    How to Reassess your Chess
  3. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 07:03
    Originally posted by RahimK
    How to Reassess your Chess
    Your still here? I thought you were leaving RHP?. Anyways, I love to trade pieces as I feel confident in the endgame. The only reason I won't trade pieces is if I'm down in material, attacking, or my piece is much better if I move it to a great square instead of just trading down.
  4. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 07:21
    how to reassess your chess seems to be the answer to all my questions. Is it good for a ~1400 player?
  5. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 07:48
    how to reassess your chess seems to be the answer to all my questions. Is it good for a ~1400 player?
    I reckon so.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 08:06

Strong players usually trade down for strategic reasons (to gain a superior pawn structure, positional advantage, etc.), while I think weaker players tend to be materialistic and trade down because they don't understand the logic and principles of the game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree