1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 01:16
    Originally posted by Agerg

...also learn some different openings than e4...
    Try 1. d4 or if you are a real radical 1. N-f3. Give in and come over to the dark side. 😛
  2. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 03:54
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Good point! often the games I play end up with a locked centre and so I can usually afford the wait. I've had a couple where the centre was open though, and I got away with it here because their pieces were more interested in fending off an attack his castled king than attacking mine still in the middle.

Often people argue centralising rooks is a good reaso ...[text shortened]... he rook is also well placed (prior to castling) to menace a king's defence once he's castled.
    There is another reason for castling, i.e. rooks connection. One of the opening objectives is to ensure your back rank rooks see each other. If you are sure that you can survive without achieving this objective then it is ok. Otherwise the outcome of the game may be decided by whose rooks are better developed.

Middle game strategy related to rooks is doubling them in open an open file and try to invade 7th or 8th rank.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 05:12
    “Castle early and often” (Rob Sillars).
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 21:51
    “Only sissies Castle” (Rob Sillars).
  5. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 21:58
    from the book: how to become a sissie...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree