1. The sky
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 17:52
    Sorry about sort-of-closing this thread. I'll try to get us on a new page.
  2. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 18:141 edit
    I'm not too sure what happened. My first post had no reply edit, etc so I started a second thread. I don't know what happened. Would someone stay on course with me and tell me if this is a Checkmate? I don't think it is, my King is above his Queen. Sorry for the confusion, whatever it is. Thanks.

I'm not going to attempt to link it -

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=6739937
  3. e4
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 18:302 edits
    Hi

The game is over so we can discuss it.

Black has just played 28....f5+

it is not mate. White can play 29.exf6 but Black mates next move.

Here is the whole game with the mate added.

4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 18:311 edit
    Yes.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 18:36
    Originally posted by choux
    I'm not too sure what happened. My first post had no reply edit, etc so I started a second thread. I don't know what happened. Would someone stay on course with me and tell me if this is a Checkmate? I don't think it is, my King is above his Queen. Sorry for the confusion, whatever it is. Thanks.

I'm not going to attempt to link it -

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=6739937
    It would be checkmate if you couldn't take the pawn en passant. The pawn is giving the king check, the king can't take the pawn because it is protected by the bishop, and it has no other place to go because the queen and rook are guarding the other fields. But by taking the pawn en passant, you remove the check, and the king can stay where it is.

To link to a game, use [gid]game number[/gid]. No other tags - if you use several together, it causes that weird problem that doesn't let you edit or reply to the post or see any posts after it.
  6. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 20:30
    Greenpawn, you are my hero! Thank you for that. Thank you everybody, terric to learn the move and it's history. Cheers. Choux

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree