A miracle knight

White to play wins

Supreme coordination

White to play wins
  2. Joined
    05 Jun '11
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 01:32
    I was worried these were going to be tedious endgame problems with computer solutions. Instead they're very clever combinations. You'd probably get more views if "endgame" wasn't in the title 😉

1: Reveal Hidden Content
    1.Rb4 Qc8 2.Rb8 Qh3 3. Rh8 and the queen is trapped!

2: A similar theme... Reveal Hidden Content
    1.Ra8 Qa2 2.Rxa4 Qg8 3. Ra8
  3. bedlam
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 10:07
    Almost but there's a bit more to them (just a few more moves).

No need to draw a crowd.This is for people who know endgames can be fun and beautiful.
    The others can miss out 😉
  4. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 16:11
    What is wrong with Elmyr's analysis? Maybe a little more elaboration is needed: For instance in the first example if black takes the rook white wins the queen with a knight fork. In the second example if black takes the rook white wins with bishop skewers. in the second example if black responds to white's Ra8 with Qh7 white plays Bg6 - if QxBg6 white plays Ra6+ winning the queen. I'm not sure there are any other lines for black. Are these from Troitzky? - they look like it.
  5. bedlam
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 16:55
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    What is wrong with Elmyr's analysis? Maybe a little more elaboration is needed: For instance in the first example if black takes the rook white wins the queen with a knight fork. In the second example if black takes the rook white wins with bishop skewers. in the second example if black responds to white's Ra8 with Qh7 white plays Bg6 - if QxBg6 white plays ...[text shortened]... m not sure there are any other lines for black. Are these from Troitzky? - they look like it.
    He had the right idea,just needs a few more moves.

In the 1st Elmyr stopped too soon,the queen is not yet trapped after 3.Rh8,Nh4!
    But then 4.Rxh4,Qc8 5.Rh8,Qb7 6.Rb8 and now she's trapped

And you've completed the 2nd.

Don't know whose they are.I got them from the Tasc Chess cd 2

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree