1. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 16:48
    Game 2128508

The endgame is not my strongest point (in fact nothing about my game is remarkably strong). I'm black to play in this game and accepted the draw with relief. I say relief because I'd offered a draw myself some moves earlier - it was refused and I was concerned about what my opponent had seen that I hadn't. Can anyone say why it is a certain draw or, if not, who was wrong to take a draw - black or white?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 17:34
    Looks completely drawn to me.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 17:47
    Originally posted by Gorgar
    Looks completely drawn to me.
    ditto...
  4. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 18:13
    Would it be accurate to say that this game is drawn because black can protect his pawns indefinitely via the opposition, but the moment he forgoes the opposition to try to attack, his pawns will fall? That's how I see it, but I'm pretty weak at endgames.
  5. USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 22:51
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    Game 2128508

The endgame is not my strongest point (in fact nothing about my game is remarkably strong). I'm black to play in this game and accepted the draw with relief. I say relief because I'd offered a draw myself some moves earlier - it was refused and I was concerned about what my opponent had seen that I hadn't. Can anyone say why it is a certain draw or, if not, who was wrong to take a draw - black or white?
    In my humble opinion, I would say it is draw, since it is Black to move, and Black can keep direct opposition. White would just have to shuttle back and forward, so as to not allow the black king to penetrate the position. Looks like accurate play on both sides results in a draw. Maybe this position should be fed into a computer.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 12:122 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree