1. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 19:06
    Here is my idea for an interesting chess variant.

Allow the knights to move to any empty square on the board as long as they are not under attack and are not attacking anything on the square they "teleport" to.

This in addition to their normal move.

Thus on White's first move either of the white knights could teleport to all the squares on the third and fourth ranks that they cannot reach normally.

But not beyond the fourth rank as they would then be attacking Black's pawns. So it would be a restricted teleport ability.

What do you think?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 20:49
    That's cool, which reminds me I should dig out my old knightmare chess cards 🙂
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 07:15
    Originally posted by homedepotov
    Here is my idea for an interesting chess variant.

Allow the knights to move to any empty square on the board as long as they are not under attack and are not attacking anything on the square they "teleport" to.

This in addition to their normal move.

Thus on White's first move either of the white knights could teleport to all the squares on the ...[text shortened]... attacking Black's pawns. So it would be a restricted teleport ability.

What do you think?
    Play a few games with a friend implementing that rule and you will see if it is interesting or not

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree