1. London
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:55
    Game 1831316

I really enjoyed this game, especially because it was quite a nice checkmate. But I thought I had something in the opening (from move 7) but no matter how much I looked at it I couldn't see a mate or move that won a piece. Did I miss something or was my search futile? Any comments/criticism on a fun game for me would be welcome.
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 20:021 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Game 1831316

I really enjoyed this game, especially because it was quite a nice checkmate. But I thought I had something in the opening (from move 7) but no matter how much I looked at it I couldn't see a mate or move that won a piece. Did I miss something or was my search futile? Any comments/criticism on a fun game for me would be welcome.
    12. Nf7+ was an improvement, try not to trade when attacking and certainly dont trade queens unless you have to or get advantage for it. If someone is under pressure you need to milk the position, increase the pressure, make them sweat, keep them on the ropes etc, dont blow your load too soon. They stand a much improved chance of making a blunder when under a great deal of pressure.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 20:151 edit
    2...f6 was obviously dreadful. 3.dxe5 and then if 3...fxe5 then 4.qh5+ with an easy win for White.

If you're going for mate then I prefer 8.Bxd5 to 8.Nf7. If you're happy with material then 8.Qf7+ looks pretty good, e.g. 8.Qf7+ Qe7 9.Qxd5+ Ke8 10.Nf7 c6 11.Qe5
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 21:26
    move 8.....

i'd say Bxd5 is much better.....

the reason(s) being: -

1) It wins material
    2) removes the threat on the bishop
    3) adds another attacker....
    4) Nf7 can be played later
    5) with the black d5 pawn gone whites d4 pawn may be able to get into the action at some point

after Bxd5 you still have the threat of Nf7, only this time you can get the queen out of the way (without losing the knight) and win a rook

on saying that, Qf7+ isn't bad....
  5. back in business
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 05:311 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Any comments/criticism on a fun game for me would be welcome.
    You had good attack but then you traded queens and got equal, maybe even slighty worse position. Luckily, your opponent blundered.
  6. Sabah, Malaysia
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 07:50
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    You had good attack but then you traded queens and got equal, maybe even slighty worse position. Luckily, your opponent blundered.
    yes, 24...Bb5 is the opponent's mistake.
    after 25 Ne4 the black rook can't defend the bishop anymore..
    instead of losing a bishop, the opponent make a bigger mistake by giving away a rook.. how sad..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree