1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 21:21
    To-night on Belgrade Trophy.
    I'll come with analysis later, now just the game.
    I was White.
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Today I for the first time during tournament used public transport to get to the chess venue; I felt compelled to spare some money after that yesterday bug, and I wanted - as Tarrasch once - to punish myself for poor score so far...

2. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 02:41
    Tough fight, but both sides missed a few chances. I didn't like 6.Nxc6 as it just bolstered Black's center, 6.Be3 continuing your development was better. 13...e5 was poor, as Black gave himself a backward isolano at d6. 16.a3 was just a waste of time, as was 18.Be2. If you needed this Bishop to retreat, you should have gone all the way back to f1, leaving e2 for your Knight, as a4 was a very poor square for the horse. Instead of 21...fxe4, I would have preferred 21...bxc3, as 22. Nc3: is met by 22...Nc5:, making hash of your pawns. 23...Rbd8? Better was 23...d3. 38... Ra2 was preferable to Bc3?, and then Black threw away the win with 40...Ra2? 40...Bd5 double attacked the N on c5 and the f2 pawn, giving Black time to pick off White's pawns, while I don't know if White can fend off Black's passers as they are already far advanced.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 14:37
    Originally posted by sundown316
    Tough fight, but both sides missed a few chances. I didn't like 6.Nxc6 as it just bolstered Black's center, 6.Be3 continuing your development was better. 13...e5 was poor, as Black gave himself a backward isolano at d6. 16.a3 was just a waste of time, as was 18.Be2. If you needed this Bishop to retreat, you should have gone all the way back to f1, leaving ...[text shortened]... awns, while I don't know if White can fend off Black's passers as they are already far advanced.
    You're right at several points.
    I blundered ca. 2 times, he blundered ca. 4 times.

I played 6. Nxc6 because I didn't feel in the mood for main line of Dragon variation.
    That's why I considered 4. g4 for a couple of minutes.

12. ...h6 was wasting of time, he had 12. ...Nd7 with advantage.
    13...e5? was a blunder, because I had 14. Bxh6, but I played a tempo Be3 and didn't even notice that before I got home.

15. Bd3 and 16.a3 are waistng of time, all right, at the time I was so pesimistic, that I considered my position "strategically lost" so I was preparing my self for defense and I saw ghost in the form of Nb4...

My position wasn't so bad however:: 15. Bb3 was better and even gave me some advantage.

After 19. Na4 I had already in mind to move Pawn to c3 in order to stir the water, but Black had 19. ...Nxe4!. Neither of us saw this.

After 20. ...f5 I had neat 21. Bd3. No need for 21. c3, but I as I said I thought I was lost at the moment.

22. ...d3 Of course, it was better.

In 24th move, I had better 24. Nxe4 or 24 Nxe6, but I was happy I survived so far.

24. cxd4 was weaker.because Black had 24...Bd5! instead of weak 24....Bf5

26...Qxe5? He should have taken it with Bishop. Now White has advantage.

29. Rd6? I am losing great deal the advantage: 29. g4! was better.
    29....Rd5? Black revenches, he had 29. ...e3!

31. g4?! I could play 31. Kf1

35. Rxa7 wasn-t mistake as I thought on my way home, but here I should take a draw with 35. Ne6 and repetition.

After
    35....f4 I thought it was a brilliant idea with check-mate, but in fact Black should have played 25...Re1+ first Now I had draw with repetead checks by Knight.

36. Kf1? Now Black had to win. I had 36. Nf8+! with advantage!

But not with .
    37...Kf6? --- 37. ...Ra2! was winning move as sundown316 mentioned..

40. b5? I am thinking of win instead of draw, and now Black again got a winning chance 40. ..Bd4, as sundown spotted.

40....Ra2??

and now it's a draw.

A game full of mistakes.
  4. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 00:06
    The mistakes are usually the most interesting points in a game!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree