Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member Tanuki
    Tonkatsu...yum
    30 Jun '06 03:43
    I was wondering if anyone would like to play me. I am having trouble finding people because I rattled off 8 wins since I started. Not bragging, just saying that many might be put off and think I was cheating or something. In Canada here at my last tournament I was 1750 rated but beat some 1800's and a 1900. I know the best way is to join, which I'll do once my credit card gets here but that may be a week or two. Anyway, good luck in your chess endeavors everyone.
  2. Standard member HomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    30 Jun '06 05:14 / 1 edit
    It's not that they're afraid to play you, its just when your a "p" player the person playing you gets very few points if they win and lose a bunch if they lose, so theres not much to gain by playing a "p" player.
  3. 30 Jun '06 05:14
    Originally posted by Tanuki
    I was wondering if anyone would like to play me. I am having trouble finding people because I rattled off 8 wins since I started. Not bragging, just saying that many might be put off and think I was cheating or something. In Canada here at my last tournament I was 1750 rated but beat some 1800's and a 1900. I know the best way is to join, which I'll do on ...[text shortened]... gets here but that may be a week or two. Anyway, good luck in your chess endeavors everyone.
    I started out my membership with a lot of wins and yet I had no trouble finding opponents.
    I didn't end with 1900 but noone knew then my real level.

Keep on.