1. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 20:432 edits
    well... for me anyway!

I beat an Lolette (1860+) in an amazing game IMO! She beat me a few times already, my first win against her! 😀 Seriously good game IMO! Check out the amount of pins and mate threats which start after about move 19, she stormed my king but I weathered the storm and held my position, I had loose pieces all over the place, and they remained loose, but after the pawn storm finished she couldn't move a piece without loosing 🙂

I'm seriously chuffed!!

Sorry for bragging, but i haven't had a game this good in a long time!

Game 3398112
  2. Earth
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 20:58
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    well... for me anyway!

I beat an Lolette (1860+) in an amazing game IMO! She beat me a few times already, my first win against her! 😀 Seriously good game IMO! Check out the amount of pins and mate threats which start after about move 19, she stormed my king but I weathered the storm and held my position, I had loose pieces all over the place, and they r ...[text shortened]...

Game 3398112
    Yes, I like the ending. Some far-sighted positional moves. Your opponent seemed a little too determined with the pawn storm, but you still had to show them the win.
  3. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 21:39
    I'm seriously chuffed!!

Game 3398112[/b]
    Very well done. I don't care for Rae8 on defense but it's not like the right defensive plan is obvious. Maybe try for Kf8 to break the g-pawn pin. In any case you had a lot of great pressure for the exchange (2 B's + g file) and you kept your cool in the face of the Q-side pawn avalanche. The finishing manuever of Bh3-f5-d3-c4 is beautiful. A victory to be proud of.
  4. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 21:43
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Very well done. I don't care for Rae8 on defense but it's not like the right defensive plan is obvious. Maybe try for Kf8 to break the g-pawn pin. In any case you had a lot of great pressure for the exchange (2 B's + g file) and you kept your cool in the face of the Q-side pawn avalanche. The finishing manuever of Bh3-f5-d3-c4 is beautiful. A victory to be proud of.
    Keeping my cool was the winning move to be honest, I used to have a tendancy to panic when I saw pawn storms. but after some analysis - it looked like I was able to handle them... barely though!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree