Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    06 Apr '07 20:43 / 2 edits
    well... for me anyway!

I beat an Lolette (1860+) in an amazing game IMO! She beat me a few times already, my first win against her! Seriously good game IMO! Check out the amount of pins and mate threats which start after about move 19, she stormed my king but I weathered the storm and held my position, I had loose pieces all over the place, and they remained loose, but after the pawn storm finished she couldn't move a piece without loosing

I'm seriously chuffed!!

Sorry for bragging, but i haven't had a game this good in a long time!

Game 3398112
  2. 06 Apr '07 20:58
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    well... for me anyway!

I beat an Lolette (1860+) in an amazing game IMO! She beat me a few times already, my first win against her! Seriously good game IMO! Check out the amount of pins and mate threats which start after about move 19, she stormed my king but I weathered the storm and held my position, I had loose pieces all over the place, and they r ...[text shortened]...

Game 3398112
    Yes, I like the ending. Some far-sighted positional moves. Your opponent seemed a little too determined with the pawn storm, but you still had to show them the win.
  3. 06 Apr '07 21:39
    I'm seriously chuffed!!

Game 3398112[/b]
    Very well done. I don't care for Rae8 on defense but it's not like the right defensive plan is obvious. Maybe try for Kf8 to break the g-pawn pin. In any case you had a lot of great pressure for the exchange (2 B's + g file) and you kept your cool in the face of the Q-side pawn avalanche. The finishing manuever of Bh3-f5-d3-c4 is beautiful. A victory to be proud of.
  4. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    06 Apr '07 21:43
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Very well done. I don't care for Rae8 on defense but it's not like the right defensive plan is obvious. Maybe try for Kf8 to break the g-pawn pin. In any case you had a lot of great pressure for the exchange (2 B's + g file) and you kept your cool in the face of the Q-side pawn avalanche. The finishing manuever of Bh3-f5-d3-c4 is beautiful. A victory to be proud of.
    Keeping my cool was the winning move to be honest, I used to have a tendancy to panic when I saw pawn storms. but after some analysis - it looked like I was able to handle them... barely though!