1. Joined
    06 Apr '11
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 21:15
    Thanks for the info guys, when I get time I'll give my thoughts to the game in question.
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 22:28
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    I helps to understand the many types of endgame positions one can achieve once in the middle game. I found that a very sound understadning of endgames helped me formulate middle game plans in order to achieve various endgame postions that I though we good for me. I would say I gained 200-300 points on my rating just by really understanding endgames - serious ...[text shortened]... have a lot of time to evaluate moves. However, mastering the endgame will gain you a lot in OTB.
    This has worked for me as well. It has improved my play here, and it is also starting to show up in my OTB game.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 23:523 edits
    Originally posted by morgski
    See my note on move 14..

EDIT: Why can i no longer display pgn's?? Something has gone seriously wrong with this site, this is the 5th or 6th time now!! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Going on the game posted/analysed by morgski, i have a suggestion at move 14..

I feel you missed a serious black threat, 14..Nxh2! Kxh2 ..hxg3+ (double check no less) Kg1 where black has all sorts of ways to proceed, though ..gxf2 seems pretty good as the Queen and rook can be combined. Therefore i feel 14.Qf5 should be considered, as it threatens the knight on g4, but also threatens mate on c8, which ties the black Queen down to defense. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree