1. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 19:50
    A while ago, rubberjaw and I started a game to see what two mildly low level players could make of the French exchange variation. He thought it gave white an advantage (although he may have changed his mind since I think), I thought it was essentially drawn.

Here is the game. I realize we both made some mistakes, but overall, does it seem typical of the Exchange variation? Anyone care to help us analyze this.

Game 3263598
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 20:27
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    A while ago, rubberjaw and I started a game to see what two mildly low level players could make of the French exchange variation. He thought it gave white an advantage (although he may have changed his mind since I think), I thought it was essentially drawn.

Here is the game. I realize we both made some mistakes, but overall, does it seem typical of the Exchange variation? Anyone care to help us analyze this.

Game 3263598
    yeah, we both made mistakes...
    but i did change my mind a bit...
    might need to start looking into the more mainline Frenches...
    not he Advanced though...
    it's horrible...
    maybe the Nc3 variation?
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 20:34
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow

Game 3263598
    I`m too lazy for analysing that (at the moment), but it but looks like that white could win that endgame.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 20:47
    Originally posted by Korch
    I`m too lazy for analysing that (at the moment), but it but looks like that white could win that endgame.
    yeah, that's what I thought...
    just couldn't find the move...
    any chance we can switch this over to the other thread where i've already put in my 2 cents worth?
    that might make things easier...
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 20:48
    I agree with Korch, the endgame must be won for white. 54. a7 appears to be wrong as by the time the KRPvKP ending occurs EGTB gives it as drawn.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 20:49
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I agree with Korch, the endgame must be won for white. 54. a7 appears to be wrong as by the time the KRPvKP ending occurs EGTB gives it as drawn.
    so instead of a7, should I have swung my king over to the kingside?
    other thread please...
    i already wrote a bunch of junk on this game...
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 17:38
    As long as Black avoids trading down (especially swapping all the rooks on the open e-file) both sides have excellent winning chances. Black can play ...Bd6 and ...Ne7 and ...Bf5 to create a dynamic game. BTW, according to http://www.chesslab.com Black has a plus score in the Exchange French.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree