1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 20:38
    Well, as I didn't get a proper manual with this programme, it's taking me some time to get to grips with it. But I have now worked out and use both the attack and defence training. I have set up a database of my games, and started adding games from the Welsh Chess Union's website to the 2011 database. I have also played some nice games against the engine in friend mode, which means it tries to play at my level and use it to help me analyse my OTB games for the club and in tournaments. There's obviously still loads of functions that I haven't a clue how to use, but through youtube and a bit of trial and error, I'm sure I'll get there - it's a pretty amazing bit of software once you get used to it.

Here's something I'd like to do though, something that can probably be done but which neither Google nor the 'manual' show me how. I can see how to set up a tournament with human and engine players, but as I'm a 1500 player, the engines are obviously too strong for me. Is there a way to play a tournament against crippled engines? or are there engines around 1500 level out there that I can download and add (I'd need to be told where to save them as I haven't worked that out yet). If I save some of the handicap levels as an engine or something - that would be great.

Anybody have any ideas?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 20:47
    Maybe it would be clearer for me to ask....

Is there a way for me to save an engine setup as something similar to a "chessmaster personality". And secondly, is there a way to enter these personalities in a tournament, where tournament management is run by fritz.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 20:58
    I may have an answer. I've found this brilliant french page whilst googling for chess engines 1500.

http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/tournois/uci/uel.htm

I've just loaded ACE into my computer. That's a good start. I'm running a computer vs computer blitz tournament to check stuff out 😀
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 21:43
    That website doesnt seem to be an answer. Most of the engines at my level don't work, and in tournament mode, for some reason, it al ways uses the fritz engine when playing me, whichever engine im meant to be playing!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 01:22
    That sounds like an interesting program if you can do everything you think you might with it.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 01:251 edit
    I just googled Fritz 13 manual and it found this link where it says you can download the manual. I hope that helps.

http://www.houseofstaunton.com/product_p/win0001cb.htm
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 08:51
    Thank you.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 11:031 edit
    Who thumbed his second comment down there? How ridiculous.

It was a purely helpful post. I agree most of his posts are annoying and self serving, but not that one. To thumb that down is just bullying behaviour.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree