1. under your bed
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 18:50
    Does anyone know if you can set fritz (or any other program) up to play a certain opening lines against you over and over again so you can practice?

Many thanks
  2. Joined
    27 Nov '10
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 20:46
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    Does anyone know if you can set fritz (or any other program) up to play a certain opening lines against you over and over again so you can practice?

Many thanks
    I have Fritz9, and it's easy to do in that version - go to the help menu/reference/training/opening training. Copied here>

"The program has special training functions for openings and endgames. In both you keep playing a position against the computer until you learn how to handle it. In the list of openings that appears you can choose one you want to learn. The position that defines the opening appears on the board to the right. Click OK if it is the one you want to practice.

The position is transferred to the main board and you can start playing against the computer. Every time you press Ctrl-N (for "New game"😉 the same position appears on the board – until you switch off the opening training mode."

You can also add any openings to train against >

"The opening and endgame training that come with the program can be extended or replaced by training files you create yourself.

The basis is two normal databases which should be kept in the directory Program Files\ChessBase\Training. They should be called Openings.cbh and Endgames.cbh. You can also keep them in a different location, but then you must set the path in the Training options."

This is probably just as easy in later versions of Fritz, or in any other program. Just set up the starting position and play. Then after the game, return to the start position, switch sides, and start again.

Message me if you need more help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree