Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 25 Feb '07 22:40
    Game 3223754

    What do seven out of his first nine moves have in common?
  2. 25 Feb '07 22:44
    Why didn't you mate him with your minor pieces?
  3. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    25 Feb '07 22:44
    You should have gone for mate with your 4 minor pieces.
  4. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    25 Feb '07 22:45
    Originally posted by deeploser
    Why didn't you mate him with your minor pieces?
    SNAP!
  5. 25 Feb '07 22:50
    Originally posted by deeploser
    Why didn't you mate him with your minor pieces?
    Would that have been faster?
  6. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    25 Feb '07 22:53
    Originally posted by slow down
    Would that have been faster?
    It's about style not about speed.

    If you had, you could have come on here and gone.

    "WASSUP! LOOK AT THIS FREAKIN' SWEET MATE WIT' ALL...MY...MINOR...PIECES! PRETTY NEAT, HUH?"
  7. 25 Feb '07 22:53
    Wow, Bishop dance.

    I actually did laugh hehe
  8. 25 Feb '07 23:20
    No offense but when you were charging your pawn down the board I was secretly hoping you'd stalemate him.
  9. 25 Feb '07 23:27
    Originally posted by slow down
    Game 3223754

    What do seven out of his first nine moves have in common?
    i didn't know some rated 1250 could consciounsly move a single bishop (light squared) that many times in the opening...
    i bet he hated to part with it...
  10. 26 Feb '07 02:45
    That would have been a nice mate with all 4 minor pieces...
  11. 26 Feb '07 02:51
    Originally posted by 93confirmed
    That would have been a nice mate with all 4 minor pieces...
    yeah, we've established that
    way to go...
  12. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    26 Feb '07 03:11
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    It's about style not about speed.

    If you had, you could have come on here and gone.

    "WASSUP! LOOK AT THIS FREAKIN' SWEET MATE WIT' ALL...MY...MINOR...PIECES! PRETTY NEAT, HUH?"
    No, it's about winning, although promotion to a rook at the end might have been more elegant.

    The problem I have with all this is that we can all utterly trash opponents less experienced than ourselves, I had quite a pretty mate in 6 against someone tonight, although it was all from a database (I may have worked it out for myself, but I'll never know) and in the return game I'm under oath not to use one (for only the second time in over 1,000 games). Now if the thread initiator wants to challenge me (he'll need to pm me first) then we'll see about bishop moves in the opening...
  13. 26 Feb '07 20:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No, it's about winning, although promotion to a rook at the end might have been more elegant.

    The problem I have with all this is that we can all utterly trash opponents less experienced than ourselves, I had quite a pretty mate in 6 against someone tonight, although it was all from a database (I may have worked it out for myself, but I'll never know) ...[text shortened]... hallenge me (he'll need to pm me first) then we'll see about bishop moves in the opening...
    Bring it.