1. Joined
    13 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '10 13:27
    Maybe, on the other hand he didnt blitz out Kf7, he thought for about 20 minutes, you would think he would have calculated Nxf7 in that time...
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 Apr '10 13:37
    Originally posted by Gatusso
    Maybe, on the other hand he didnt blitz out Kf7, he thought for about 20 minutes, you would think he would have calculated Nxf7 in that time...
    svidler said yesterday anand thought about it for ten minutes, but I missed the beginning of the game so have no idea about that. should still be enough though. I opened the board one move before the sac, and it was the very first move I layed my eyes on. (only to quickly shrug it off with 'nah, it can't be playable, they would've seen it'. then topalov played it of course. )
  3. Joined
    04 May '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '10 19:26
    Topalov's win in game was enough to push him past Carlsen into first and Anand down to fourth:

Live Rating
    01 - Topalov - 2817
    02 - Carlsen - 2813
    03 - Kramnik - 2790
    04 - Anand - 2787
  4. Standard memberpeacedog
    Highlander
    SEAsia
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 08:40
    For me Topalov is a strange case. He's been a very strong player for a long time now but only became one of THE best when Kasparov retired. Do you think he is trying harder now that Kasparov is out of the way because he knew the big K was stronger than him?
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 14:00
    Originally posted by peacedog
    For me Topalov is a strange case. He's been a very strong player for a long time now but only became one of THE best when Kasparov retired. Do you think he is trying harder now that Kasparov is out of the way because he knew the big K was stronger than him?
    YouTube
  6. Standard memberpeacedog
    Highlander
    SEAsia
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 04:07
    Originally posted by wormwood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_W3NF4CEqI
    Yeh, I know that game. I also remember his Olympiad game he won vs Kasparov. The first time I'd heard of him I think.

Chessgames.com says: "Overall record: Garry Kasparov beat Veselin Topalov 19 to 6, with 17 draws."

Not a bad record compared to some but it does suggest an easy victory for Kasparov if a match had been played when he was still active.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree