1. London
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 06:321 edit
    19.Nf3...I'm wondering of there is something better for white here. Nf3 does chase the queen away but doesn't deal with white other problems as all those pawns are coming through...also blacks king is quite exposed.

23.Qb6...seems like a good idea at first but it of course misses blacks sweet tactic....one of the highlights of the game...is that called "overloading"?

Perhaps Nxf5...taking the light sq bishop out of the equation would have helped. This looks like a very tricky moment for white as it feel like white's being overrun.

b2 is exposed too, unable to move at the moment and on the same diagonal as blacks queen.

Now I'd like to run it through an engine..see what nonsense I've been spouting and see what else I've missed.
  2. London
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 08:58
    ...and the engine seems not to agree with anything I've said!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 13:49
    Originally posted by Mahout
    I've now moved all the way onto 13.Ne2..is there an improvement for this move and is there a strategy with it? What strategy should white be looking for from here?

On the surface it seems like quite a decent move, bringing forces over to the battle on the kingside. But it's not developing and actually cramps whites queen. It doesn't seem to put th knight o ...[text shortened]... for, playing d4 and getting a knight onto f5 with central power and mobility in my favour.
    this is excellent Mahout my friend, i really thank you for it! the knight indeed does develop nothing, moves an already developed piece and achieves very little except bringing a piece over to the kingside. Be3 is much better, allowing for the rooks and the queen especially to go to d2. why i violated this simple principle i do not know and why i did not notice the outpost at f5, also i do not know. thank you again my friend, for in the words of our national poet Mr. R. Burns, its a winsome gift tae gie us, tae see ourselves as others see us! - kind regards Robbie, appreciated!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree