Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 21 Mar '10 21:11
    I just bought a book that presents chess problems and puzzles to work on. I don't have a chess board and often travel and so I'd rather use an online interactive board that I can use. I've searched the forum but I'm not getting the information I'm looking for.

    I'd like to start with a blank board and put the pieces as described on the book. Let's say the puzzle hinted mate in two. Then I can make my play and go back to the original settings whenever I guessed wrong.

    Is there such a thing available on this site? Am I making any sense?
    Thanks for any offer of assistance.
    BJ21
  2. 21 Mar '10 21:26
    Originally posted by blackjack21
    I just bought a book that presents chess problems and puzzles to work on. I don't have a chess board and often travel and so I'd rather use an online interactive board that I can use. I've searched the forum but I'm not getting the information I'm looking for.

    I'd like to start with a blank board and put the pieces as described on the book. Let's say ...[text shortened]... vailable on this site? Am I making any sense?
    Thanks for any offer of assistance.
    BJ21
    Go to "My games"
    Click on any game you have in progress.
    Click "Analyze board"
    Setup the position (right click to add pieces/take pieces away)
  3. 21 Mar '10 21:53
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    Go to "My games"
    Click on any game you have in progress.
    Click "Analyze board"
    Setup the position (right click to add pieces/take pieces away)
    That is cool. Thanks buddy.
  4. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Mar '10 22:00 / 1 edit
    I would not want the hassle of getting on line. I've downloaded a very cheap chess programme for my iPhone which serves as my pocket chess set and it is very easy to set up a position. I often use it alongside a chess book when I'm away from home. I have the option to activate the chess engine and practice playing a position or testing a line - it is better than me. It will also save positions or whole lines / games as required. The only flaw is that my wife borrows my iPhone to check ebay, facebook, emails and .....
  5. 21 Mar '10 22:25
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I would not want the hassle of getting on line. I've downloaded a very cheap chess programme for my iPhone which serves as my pocket chess set and it is very easy to set up a position. I often use it alongside a chess book when I'm away from home. I have the option to activate the chess engine and practice playing a position or testing a line - it is bet ...[text shortened]... d. The only flaw is that my wife borrows my iPhone to check ebay, facebook, emails and .....
    Haha. I don't think that's a flaw. It's more of a bug. 😉

    Do you know if this program will work on a Blackberry Storm?